Middle East Peace Process
Through its support of collaborative scientific research projects, the
IALC has often acted as a "bridge to understanding," bringing
together scientists from diverse countries in the Middle East to work
on regional ecological and development issues. The links below have been
selected as a further "bridge to understanding," by providing
information on the Middle East Peace Process.
State Department, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs: The Middle East Peace
- Israel Ministry
of Foreign Affairs: the Mideast Peace Process
- Israel Ministry of Foreign
Affairs: Israel Update
- Includes a section on late-breaking news concerning the Peace Process.
- Egypt State Information Service
- From the Egyptian Ministry of Information, general information and
background on the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Jordan National Information System
- This official government site includes information on several topics
including (but not restricted to) agriculture, geography (including
GIS maps), environment, natural resources, and scientific research.
- The Palestinian National Authority
- Information on the Palestinian Territories of the West Bank and the
- Center for Middle East Peace
and Economic Cooperation
- Since its founding in 1989, "the Center for Middle East Peace
and Economic Cooperation has sponsored numerous activities aimed at
bringing policy makers and influential leaders in the private sector
together to foster the atmosphere necessary for the promotion and protection
of Middle East peace."
- Foundation for Middle East Peace
- Established in 1979, the FMEP is "a nonprofit organization dedicated
to informing Americans about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and assisting
in a peaceful solution that brings security for both peoples."
Haviva Institute for Advanced Studies
- "Givat Haviva Institute is one of the oldest and largest institutions
in Israel working to advance Jewish - Arab rapprochement, cultural and
religious pluralism, democratic values and peace in the Middle East."
- The Hashemite Kingdom of
- A non-profit service from JordanNet, this site currently focuses on
politics and human rights; includes the full text of the October 26th
1994 peace treaty between Jordan and Israel.
- The Israel-Palestine Center for Research
- "IPCRI, founded in Jerusalem in 1989, is the only joint Palestinian-Israeli
public policy think-tank in the world. It is devoted to developing practical
solutions for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
- Jews and Palestinians
Cooperate for Peace
- The Middle East
- These two pages are from the Jewish-Palestinian Living Room Dialogue
Group, who are U.S. citizens working to promote peace between Israel
and Palestine. The first describes the group's formation and activities;
the second describes a project the group has initiated.
- Seeds of Peace
- There are nearly 4,000 young Seeds of Peace leaders making a positive difference in some of the most difficult conflict regions of the world. This organization helps give them experience and skills to support them in their development as peacemakers.